Jul 30, 2007

The Future Sits in India's Lap

He whose lap seats the child global,
Eyeballs the singularity beyond the zenith.


My colleague of Kozhikode, Kerala, India, and I were attending an international seminar hosted by the Architectural Department, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, West Bengal. As a send off, the gracious people at the IIT organized a luncheon-inclusive half-day session at a picturesque archeological site some 30 kilometers out of Kharagpur. A few of the faculty joined us with their families. The child sitting on my lap eating an apple is a Professor's son.

My colleague saw us sitting, sensed a photo and soon after sent a copy to me (January 2001). The serendipitous theme, which makes the subjects in the photo coincidental, occurred to me almost immediately, as did the idea of sharing it. I add these words:

Bhavishya Bhaarat Ki Gode Mein.

Thuumak baithaa ho jiski gode mein, svayam vishwa bhavishya
Vyom paar uuse terey vah, jo huumak banaa Param Eesh


Feel free to share this photo with anyone you wish, just include the photo-credit ("Photo by Bipin M. C."). Acknowledging feedback would be most welcome. Thank you.

- Vyom Akhil and boy, November 5, 2000, at the IIT Kharagpur Internation Seminar, hosted by the Architectural Department, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, West Bengal.

- Photo by Bipin M.C.

No comments: